Thursday, May 16, 2013

A little bit about me

I am a wonderful single mom to my handsome little boy, not only am I a mom but I am also a college student and I work. Unlike most single women with children that call themselves a single mom I don't receive child support nor does he take him for a weekend. I am around 24/7 there are no breaks. That is what a single mom is all about. I guess you could call his father Missing In Action, I refer to him as a sperm donor. But, without the help of him I never would have gone to attack my dreams. I want to be a writer. I want to change young peoples lives with my story and my life. I am currently a sophomore at my local university at the age of 18. I am on track to graduate my undergraduate program at the age of 20 and will continue to follow my dreams into a graduate and PhD programs. But, this road has not been easy nor will it get any easier. Being a single mom is quite lonely. My ex was abusive, he distanced me from my friends, made me feel useless, and left. He did all this damage and walked away. Now, I am stuck in an 18 year olds body not knowing how to make friends, who to trust, or frankly how to move on with life. My ex, who we will refer to as SD for sperm donor, set doubt in my mind, doubt that there is anyone out there that will ever be a wonderful father to my son, or will love me because I have a kid, in SDs mind I am a slut (his words not mine). That is the point of this blog. Not only in the hopes that others read it and can relate but to document the struggles and hopefully use it in getting my PhD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment